The Early Years Learning Framework (EYLF) and National Quality Standards (NQS) inform and define our practice at SAS.
We do this by:
- Emphasising learning through intellectually rigorous play;
- Participating in, and offering, on-site, professional learning opportunities to other early childhood professionals;
- Participating in research opportunities;
- Continually reflecting, to ensure high quality early childhood education;
- Offering opportunities for parents to be involved in and develop understanding of the importance of the early years;
- Enhancing connections between the early years and the whole school community.
How we measure our success:
- Professional learning is regularly attended by all staff;
- Children and their families are willing to participate in school and community activities;
- Verification of the early years program against the NQS quality areas by Office of Early Childhood;
- Make transition documentation on each child available annually.