Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths, incorporating the Arts
At SAS we prioritise Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts and Mathematics learning for all students.
We do this by:
- Offering programs which will extend children’s Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts and Mathematics learning;
- Extending spaces, both indoors and outdoors, for all children to engage as Scientists, Technicians, Engineers, Artists and Mathematicians;
- Prioritising the use of new digital technologies in all areas;
- Purchasing equipment and resources to support the STEAM program;
- Attending STEAM-focused professional learning.
How we measure our success:
- Staff engagement in new digital technologies;
- Children make choices about which technologies, platforms and apps to use to support their learning;
- Children demonstrating application of STEAM skills in their play and learning choices.